Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Before You Go


The summer before his senior year, Jude (yes, he’s named after the Beatles song) gets his first job, falls in love for the first time, and starts to break away from his parents. Jude’s house is kept dark, and no one talks much—it’s been that way since his little sister drowned in a swimming pool seven years ago when Jude was supposed to be watching her.
Now, Jude is finally, finally starting to live. Really live. And then, life spins out of control. Again.
Acclaimed author James Preller explores life, death, love, faith, and resilience in his first young adult novel that will grip readers from the book’s dramatic first few pages to its emotional end.

Releases: July 17th 2012 by Feiwel & Friends
What are you waiting on?

24 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of that one! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of emotions and things poor Jude is dealing with.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the first time I've seen someone feature a book which has already been released. I hope you get your hands on a copy soon Brandi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids really enjoyed his "Jigsaw Jones" books -- can't wait to hear what you think of this!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen this one before but it sounds different. I hope you'll get to read it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-55-all-that-glows.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Are you not doing the "Got great giveaways" anymore? Maybe it was just a one time thing?
    Just checking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this awhile ago. It was kind of different than the typical YA. (in a good way)


    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of this book! Or the author! But I hope you get to read it soon! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has me really curious. Sounds very interesting! Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, sounds pretty awesome :D Great pick ;) I hope you'll love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I hope you get to read this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This does sound like an emotional one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not seen this one around before

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like this could be a touching, emotional story. Nice choice!

    Great WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard good things about this one, I hope you enjoy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This one sounds great! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow look like a really heart-breaking one. I hope he gets good things in the end. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow. This sounds heartbreaking but amazing


    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!


    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice! I've been really meaning to get into reading more contemporary and this would be a great book to add to my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness! I can't imagine living with that kind of guilt! Poor guy. I hope his life doesn't spiral too much. Great choice, Brandi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haven't heard of this one but I think I'd really like it-I do love contemporary!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)