Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WoW, waiting on wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Torn Away
Born and raised in the Midwest, Jersey Cameron knows all about tornadoes. Or so she thinks. When her town is devastated by a twister, Jersey survives -- but loses her mother, her young sister, and her home. As she struggles to overcome her grief, she's sent to live with her only surviving relatives: first her biological father, then her estranged grandparents.

In an unfamiliar place, Jersey faces a reality she's never considered before -- one in which her mother wasn't perfect, and neither were her grandparents, but they all loved her just the same. Together, they create a new definition of family. And that's something no tornado can touch.

May 6th 2014 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

What are you waiting on?

Follow on Bloglovin

25 comments:

  1. I'm soooo waiting for this as well. I loved Jennifer's Thousand Words and I can't wait to read something else by her. Good choice, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this book or author before, but the story sounds like something I'd like to read! Having to re-construct her whole life after a tornado sounds like a lot of hard work, but still filled with love for Jersey.

    Thanks for sharing, Brandi :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I've hear of Torn Away and I like the sound of it. It's not often you read about a tornadoes and twisters and having to re-build your life. Can't wait to see what you think of it, Brandi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this sounds like an emotional one. Thanks for sharing!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this one sound really good! I'll have to check it out as well! Check out my WOW! Thanks!

    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect pick, Brandi. Jennifer Brown is one of my favorite authors.

    Glass @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick! Jennifer Brown is such a great writer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only read Hate List by Jennifer Brown, but have other books of hers to read. This one sounds really good as well!
    Check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds interesting! I really like the title, because it works on various levels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can tell that this is going to be one emotional and touching novel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer Brown is one author that intimidates me. I hope you'll enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been meaning to read one of her books and have several. Need to read them soon! This one sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like an intense read! I think I'll be adding this to the must reads!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of this one! It's completely new to me :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't seen this one yet. Great choice. I'll throw it onto my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just got this on NG and can't wait to read it! Great choice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one, but it does sound like a good intense read! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have this one on my tbr. It sounds really good. I hope we both enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jennifer Brown really switches up her topics, doesn't she? This sounds amazing and heartbreaking! How sad for this girl! It kind of reminds me of that movie Twister. Great choice, Brandi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. it really looks like your kind of books!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like an interesting book :D I hope you will love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. This one sounds great! Very excited to read TA :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)