Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Twilight Tuesdays: Storytellers new official short films set in Twilight universe





I wanted to do this because my love for Twilight has recently been rekindled and hoping there are some more Edward lovers (or Jacob shippers I do suppose) out there to keep it alive with me.



Stephanie says about this project:
On Wednesday I, along with Lionsgate, Women in Film, Facebook and Tongal, announced an exciting new project: “The Storytellers – New Creative Voices of The Twilight Saga” (or if you’re following the hashtags on social media: #TwilightStories for short.) We are teaming up to find five aspiring female filmmakers to create short films based on a broad spectrum of characters from the Twilight universe.
We’re excited to have Twilight fans participate in a variety of ways; I’m looking forward to finding out which characters you’re most interested in. If you want to refresh your memories on their stories, they’re located in the Twilight Official Guide. Which do you think are the most cinematic?
Better quality (no skipping videos)
vote for your favorite here


My two faves are: The Mary Alice Brandon File and We've Met Before



We've Met Before
Directed by: Yulin Kuang
Cast: Maddisyn Carter (Mary Alice Brandon), Liam Johnson (Jasper Whitlock) & Devereau Chumrau (Betty)

In WE'VE MET BEFORE, Alice and Jasper meet for the first time… or so it would seem. As the conversation evolves, the history of their true and everlasting love is coyly revealed.

Masque
Directed by: Cate Carson
Cast: Sara Akay (Esme Cullen), James Physick (Carlisle Cullen), Sal Rendino (Mr. Brant), Mary Kehoe (Claire Brant) & Alexander Gauthier (Teddy)

After her transformation, Esme's struggle to overcome her craving for human blood is only intensified by the painful memories of her tragedy-ridden past. In MASQUE, Carlisle helps Esme find hope for the future… and maybe even a family.

The Mary Alice Brandon File
Directed by: Kailey and Samantha Spear
Cast: Paloma Kwiatkowski (Mary Alice Brandon), John Emmet Tracy (Edgar John Brandon), Barbara Beall (Lillian Brandon), Emma Tremblay (Young Alice), Erin Boyes (Anna Marie), Audrey Smallman (Cynthia Brandon) & Jade Hudema (Strange Man)

Set as a moody period drama with a pinch of Gothic mystery, THE MARY ALICE BRANDON FILE explores Alice's resilient spirit as her dark past is revealed.

Sunrise
Directed by: Amanda Tasse
Cast: Arash Marandi (Benjamin), Natasha Bassett (Tia), Davis Cleveland (Young Benjamin), Sofia Checchi (Young Tia), Noshir Dalal (Amun) & David Fraioli (Uncle)

Terrified that his own special power has caused so much harm, Benjamin turns away from the world. SUNRISE details Benjamin's return to his human roots, where he can no longer hide from the girl that stole his heart long ago

Consumed
Directed by: Maja Fernqvist
Cast: Elizabeth Kenney (Jane), Zach Shearon (Alec), Jessica Park (Mother), Jeff Riberdy (Aro), Alyssa Emily Marvin (Young Jane), Pharaohe Rosado (Young Alec), Joe Krieg (Bully #1), Christian Feuker (Bully #2), Bartek Swymanski (Bully #3), Monica Larson (Beth), Lynne Jordan (Kate), Caitlin Bliss (Village Mother), Emmy Pieklo (Daughter), Scott Kozel (John), Justin L. Wilson (William)

CONSUMED is the emotional story of Jane's past. Like her brother Alec, Jane was always "special," but in their quaint hamlet, their specialness inspires scorn and has terrible consequences until a mysterious stranger comes along and takes an unusual interest in them.

Turncoats
Directed by: Lindsey Hancock Williamson4
Cast: Christine Dye (Hilde), Gabrielle Marie Miller (Lottie), Ian Shepard (Garrett), Justin Rose (Carlisle Cullen), Tommy Gatton (Handsome Soldier) & Robert Singleton (Commanding Officer)

Set against the backdrop of the American Revolution, TURNCOATS explores the characters and events that forged Garrett and Carlisle's enduring friendship.

The Groundskeeper
Directed by: Nicole Eckenroad
Cast: Kevin Craig West (Kumboh), Sara Yoko Howard (Mary Alice Brandon), Sophie Labell (Victoria), Jesse Lehman (James), Linda Manning (Night Matron) & Patrick Herndon (Jasper Whitlock)

In THE GROUNDSKEEPER, Alice and her fearless confidante grapple with the grave choices they are forced to make when a unique kind of hunter has Alice in his sights.
Thank you Alison from Alisoncanread.com for alerting me that these were in the wild, I'd only heard about them.


Why Twilight Tuesdays?
I really loved the storytelling and the characters, and the romance. It all made me have that drive to read more and find out what happened next. It also led me to blogging, because I found some awesome blogs that had lists of books to read after Twilight, and though I dealt with Post-Awesome-Book-Depression because the Twilight series gave me all the feels, eventually I found others that tickled my fancy with the help of my library and book bloggers with awesome recs and reviews.

Disclaimer: Okay. I am sure this has been hosted somewhere, but a quick search didn't show anything current in the blogosphere. Let me know if you know of somewhere. But I am not making it a hop or anything, so hopefully not stepping on any toes.

My question to you, my lovely readers:
Do you have a favorite if you watched them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)